Searching for interesting places in Russia? Well, we are ready to tell you about one of our head tourist attractions during the World Cup 2018, a fabulous park zone on the right bank of the Moscow river – the Sparrow Hills. This magnificent place is considered to be the leading observation deck in Moscow as it offers the most extensive and picturesque view on the capital. A visit to this places promises to be one of the most memorable Moscow tours.
What can you see in Sparrow Hills? Here are a few interesting places to visit in Moscow while you are on the Vorobyovy Gory, the way that Russians call it.
- The main building of Moscow state University, founded in 1755 by Mikhail Lomonosov is the tallest educational building in the world and the most prestigious university in Russia. It is one of the famous Seven Sisters skyscrapers.
- Neskuchny garden is a popular holiday destination for Muscovites and guests of the capital and one of the oldest parks in Moscow. You can have a nice walk beside the river bank and admire some historical buildings.
- Luzhniki stadium, that is located on the opposite side of the Moscow river. The biggest stadium in Russia became the main arena for football battles during the World Cup 2018.
- A 72 meter ski jump, founded in 1953
- Trinity Church on the Sparrow hills, where Mikhail Kutuzov prayed before the counsel in Fili.
Sparrow Hills is a great attraction not only for tourists and citizens, but also for bikers! In summer you can meet thousands of motorcyclists on all sorts of different bikes, some of them are handmade with car engines.
Where is Sparrow Hills situated? On the high right bank of the Moscow river. Metro station: Vorobyovy Gory. Other stations nearby: Frunzenskaya; Universitet.
For those who arrive by car, there are parking spaces next to the observation deck at Kosygina street or opposite the MSU building.
The Observation Deck
The observation deck is located on the very top of Sparrow Hills, at the intersection of Kosygin street with the Universitet square. There are spyglasses installed, which you can use for free! The opening panorama of Moscow mesmerizes with its unbelievable beauty.
Next to the observation deck, as well as by the waterfront, there are a lot of tiny cafes where you can have a tasty snack.
After doing some sightseeing, you can have a walk to the embankment by foot. If you reach the pier, mind taking a boat to continue admiring Moscow, but this time from water.
Sparrow Hills with Pradiz
Our friendly Pradiz team is waiting for you to come and enjoy all the best places to visit in Moscow. Vorobyovy Gory is one of the most poetic places in our capital, contributing to inspiration and joy, flight of dreams and thoughts. Many Russian writers such as Tolstoy and Gorky, Lermontov and Dostoevsky mention Sparrow hills in their works. Our private guide in Moscow will entertain you with incredible stories, historical facts and excellent mood.