A visit to the functioning 337 meter Ostankino TV Tower is one of the most unusual Moscow tours. Its creator, Nikolai Nikitin, had designed it during a single night. The shape of the building is as unusual as its designing story: it is an inverted lily that weighs 55 tons with ten petals and a sturdy stem.This elegant and suprisingly firm construction is a rightful member of the World Federation of Great Towers.
The Moscow TV Tower is considered to be the highest construction in Europe. Its visit requires certain strict rules. Make sure you know them well enough for your Ostankino Tower Tour to become as comfortable as possible!
Please note: access to the tower is restricted for children under 7 years old and some certain groups of people. For more information the article is to be read till the very end.
1. Ostankino Tower admissions are best to be arranged before your visit, as there is a ticket limit outlined for each entry session. The sessions usually start each hour between 10 am and 9 pm. The Tower is open daily, except public holidays.
2. Arrive at the tower a bit earlier. The registration of passes for the visitors starts an hour prior to the beginning of the session.
3. Pass the security check like in any modern airport! Any liquids or aerosols will have to be left outside, and all the large items will be handed over to the storage room. Photos and videos are allowed everywhere, except for the security checkpoint.
4. After the passport control (make sure to have a passport with you on the day of the visit!), get instructed on the visiting rules and follow recommendations of the staff of this think-tank of the Russian Television and Radio Broadcasting. Imagine: from this point, 20 TV channels and 24 radio stations broadcast all over Russia!
5.In less than a minute of ride in a high-speed elevator you will find yourself on bird-flying height. The Earth will remain far below, so make sure you are not scared of heights in order to prevent a panic-attack.
Telescopes and binoculars will allow you to examine Moscow and the Moscow region for dozens of kilometers round. Transparent floor made of a glass-crystalline material, as strong as metal, has a three-layer armored (!) structure and creates the illusion of free-floating in the air.
Ostankino Tower Restaurant
The legendary Ostankino Tower restaurant “The Seventh Heaven” is undoubtedly one of the best panoramic restaurants in Moscow, located on the third level under the viewing platform at an altitude of 330 meters (one level below the cafeteria and self-service cafes). It hospitably opens its doors for tourists from all over the world. In its elegant halls, one can taste European or Russian cuisine. Located along the circumference of the tower, it rotates around its axis, making a full turn in 40 minutes. This amazing restaurant gets rather busy on certain days, so we recommend you to book a table beforehand.
Moscow TV Tower By Night
The Moscow TV tower is especially spectacular at night! Illuminated by the rays of light, streaming to an infinite height, this view fills us with a special romantic feeling. This fascinating excursion will give you an unforgettable impression that you’ll hardly ever forget. Do not forget to make some nice photos!
Entrance Restrictions at the Ostankino TV Tower
The tower staff, whose major concern is your safety during Ostankino Tower visit, seeks your understanding of access restrictions for the following groups of people:
- Children under 7 years old;
- Women with obvious signs of pregnancy;
- People with prostheses;
- People with impaired vision using a white cane;
- Persons with disabilities requiring additional supports (crutches, sticks);
- Wheelchair users.
People with implants, pacemakers, prosthetic devices, etc., should carry a personal identification card of the patient, confirming the implantation of the medical device.