Ostankino Tower Tour
Glass floor at the Moscow TV Tower
View from the Tower in winter
Enjoy sweeping views of Moscow from the Ostankino Tower, the highest structure in Europe!
The Ostankino TV Tower is one of the main symbols of the Soviet era and it is a unique chance to visit this state secure facility.
Be ready to be lifted on the fastest elevators in Russia. Only 57 seconds, and you will step out at the tallest structure point in whole Europe. At its observation point have breathtaking views on day or night Moscow.
With an extra option to the tour - private guide services - be accompanied by our professional guide to the Tower, who will give a tour of the sight and help with passing an ID control to the heart of the Russian Television!
- The TV Tower is a functioning boradcasting facility and has access restrictions for some groups of people. For more information please view Ostankino TV Tower Visiting Tips.
- Please make sure to have a valid ID (passport) on the day of a visit.
- Please provide the full name details (as in passport) and citizehship for each guest, upon booking the service
- The tower is located about 1 km from the nearest public transport station (Teletsentr, a station of the Moscow Monorail - part of the Metro). Arranging for a private transport via Uber, Get.Taxi or with our optional extra is recommended for time-saving purposes.
- Ostankino TV Tower - the world's 2nd tallest free-standing building
- A bird's eye view of Moscow
- Armoured 3-layer glass floor
- Fastests elevators in Russia
- Rotating dining facilities (fast-food court, cafeteria and the Seventh Heaven restaurant)
The Ostankino TV Tower - the Soviet architectural and engineering achievement - is today the 2nd tallest free-standing building in the world.
For Nikita Khrushev, a political leader after Stalin, the Ostankino Tower project as the world’s highest construction was ambitious and considered as another advantage over capitalism. The engineer team offered a main option to build the tower basing on concrete constructions instead of iron. It’s was a challenge! At that time, there was not any world’s analog of such a high building with using this material. The load of the tower is fantastic - over 55 000 tons. Also the main engineer found an another super creative idea that was used - a relatively shallow foundation, unbelievable, it had a depth of 4.6 m, less than the usual factory pipe. That’s why it is an absolutely unique construction as being one of the largest towers it the smallest foundation in the world. Tremendous!
Learn many other fascniating facts about the Tower with an audio-guide or private guide services option to the tour.
And once there, try all local 'attractions': from the fastest elevator till jumping (even or laying down!!) on its armor glass floor. The Ostankino Tower Tour is calling you!